Wednesday, September 21, 2005

building a poem... just for fun

sometimes my kids say to me, how did you do that..does it just come to you...and i say no, it comes in phases...so i'm writing this to show them how it works... how some thoughts come about and how i might create a poem in the long run about it. so first i will free write...and later when ive played with it for awhile something different will come about...

right now i am sooo tired....my neck hurts...my head is heavy so I know I'm exhausted when I can't keep my eyes opened to watch Jay Leno's monalogue, I know I'm exhausted when my grandson has to shake me, "Grammy,Grammy" wake up. I know I'm exhausted if I skip the snooze button in favor of 15 minutes extra rest. I know I'm exhausted when I become scatterbrained. I know I'm exhausted when I cuddle up to my husband and just close my eyes and hold his hand. I know I'm exhausted when I cannot read. I know I'm exhausted if I go out of my house without ironing my clothing (no one is going to see me) this always back fires.
I know I'm exhausted when I look in the mirror and my eyes are red and think about that man at the beach with the beachball eye, gets the red out...
now the other thing is when i am exhausted i dream, which is good, because i dont sleep long enough to dream usually, but boy do i have some funny dreams... like i dreamed about getting so fat i couldnt slip by my bedpost and myhusband's dresser...which made me laugh, i dreamed about my husband and daughter... driving in her car with the sunroof open...his hair flying out of it like a suess character, and my daughter laughing at my husband's insane way of driving moving every car on the road out of the way by waving and commenting in some outlandish way.... well ill finish this later... got to drive now

No comments: