Monday, January 25, 2010

sausage toe

hahah.... finally went to the drs today as my toe, the second digit, the one next to my big toe has been swollen and sore since before Christmas. it isnt my toe per say, but the bottom of my foot...near the bottom of my toe

dr mayo looked at the foot, " hum do you remember injuring it?"

"no"

"I don't think it is a fracture. It would be feeling better by now. It looks to me like a classic case of sausage toe."

"it feels like im walking on a ping pong ball"

"well, this is your toe, and this is the toe joint and this is where the pain is coming from" she squeezed my foot together "any pain?"

"no. it is underneath and at the bottom on the top when you touch it"


"i think it is psoriatic arthritis and if it is you will have to go on methotrexate"

"Oh my niece was on that for her RA"

"well it is chemotherapy and you will have to be watched"

"can't a trip to Florida straighten me out?"

"No unfortunately not, remember when Dr Quinn wanted you to see the rheumotolgist at mass general?"

"yup"

"well this is why -- you need to go to the hospital today and also get these test done today."

"Okay"

Sausage toe, I hope she is wrong. arghhhh

No comments: