Thursday, January 07, 2010

just too tired


I had a couple of days off but I didn't really rest, went to the gym, and was busy ... Fred and I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy, watching inspired by our nephews' choice. It was really great, but in the middle of it all I worked over 12 hours and had to go to Back Bay and get the DD from her NYC. Which just added to my already exhausted body.

I think I am worn out from the cold and snow never mind the fact of the two broken toes and the ball of nerves collecting in the padding of my foot. Fred insists that I need to go to the drs, but I've had it with the drs. Every time I go they find something else wrong... why can't i just be healthy. Hopefully I will hear from the arthritis clinic and they can do something about the pain in my knees and legs... I wonder if I have PAD ... they advertise it on tv like it is rampant ... the determination to lose more weight just might help me even more if i can get back to the gym with regularity....

the Snow....I like the way it looks in the yard and front of the house, but my feet have been cold now for 5 days even with socks and slippers.... this makes me grumpy.

My old boss Joe called me about a job in Braintree. I am going to meet him someday for lunch and talk about it. It would have Sun/ Mon off and be on the South Shore, the drive might be a little more convoluted but it may be better than having to go over the Tobin every day which still scares me. Plus if I got stuck I could take the Train...woo hoo...I could even give up my car if I had to...

I do not know what it is about bridges, they turn my stomach over and my heart races. The Tobin especially ==it is soo dark and menacing in the morning before the sun rises, and at night when on the top it is as if a giant bird can come from the sky and scoop you up and drive away with you ... open to the nights whim.... I dont know why they are constantly working on the thing... I think just to keep state employees employed never mind the 3.25 in tolls a day one has to pay if driving into the city... avoiding the tolls cost me about 30 minutes a day... hummm it really is something to think about....

yesterday i gave my boss a taste of his own habit, emails, i flooded him with them --- probably about 25, I went home last night and was laughing about the entire situation... fearful of the repercussions today, but alas there was none, no nasty emails waiting for me in the box... yet tomorrow is another day and well.... i suppose there is Saturday too.... arghh.. i hate those emails....Joanne is on vacation...i will miss her camaraderie....but today was fun as I told Rob who was being a complete dick --- F U and that worked because he came to my desk and was pretty nice. I guess he figured out he was being a not nice word. I've had it with men bossing and pushing me around.

No comments: