Wednesday, January 04, 2006

tears ---- just leave me alone

self pity, self possessed self pity.... i suffer from them both at this moment.

my son is going to get his license and leave ...go to Tennessee because he can skate year round there and there is a job waiting for him, and he just needs to go he says

i said to my husband ...well now is the time for him to go, he has no responsibilities, and he needs to grow up, so maybe he is the type that needs to do so on his own. if we tell him, no stay, he can go anyway, or he may resent us: you made me stay, you wouldnt let me go, so now is the time. I agree... regardless of the less than perfect circumstances.... "at least he isnt saying he is going to join the service." i said.
hubby said, "i'd feel better if he said he was."

too horrified, i have taken my tears into my office. never over my dead body i would say. but i know he needs to choose his own path. i really dont want him to go so far away, but... i will let go if i need to and just pray. i will rejoice in his willingness to be free from parents, family and what ever else holds him here.

No comments: