Sunday, September 26, 2004

I didnt listen to a word he said....

I just went on ranting until I hung up.

I went back to bed and huffed as I did, plopping down on the matress, I pulled on the covers and whined, "I hate teenagers."
My husband stirred, and rolled toward me, "I heard you." He lite a cigarette and I fanned away the smoke. "Argggghhh," I whined, "Why are you smoking now?" It was a silly question and we both laughed.
We chatted for awhile and then husband asked, "What time is it?"
"Like 5 a.m. or so,"
"You have a nerve waking me up so early."
"I didn't mean to." But I did.
"I have to get up for work." He got out of bed and stretched.
"I have to masturbate and then go to work."
He leaned over me and said, "What did you say?"
And I laughed as I repeated myself, and he laughed too as he moved in closer to kiss me with his morning mouth, that really is never that bad......Happy Anniversary.... do you believe it?
.........................................................................................................................................................................
I am not the best lover in the morning, but our interlude just made the day start off perfect for ourselves regardless of the wandering teen.

Early afternoon came to my job and my co worker found me filing, "I was looking for you, your cell was ringing."
"Oh, I wonder, but thanks."
I pressed the missed calls, it was home, "Hello" --- it was my husband,
"What are you doing home?"
"I told ...it was our anniversary and he said I could leave early. Come home and well go get something to eat."
"Did you forget I have an appointment this afternoon?"
"Oh yea, you told me?"
"I'll see if I can cancel it and call you right back."
"OK"

I called my gf who was eating lunch with her son in a restaurant, the cells were breaking up, but we postponed our meet to Monday, I called home and left work with the expectation of a late lunch and a nice ride. I thought maybe would we stop by some quiet place and do a bit of making out like old times.... but when I came in the door my husband was sitting in his chair on the computer and told me our daughter had said,"Does that leave me out?" when he told her we were going to get something to eat. He said," I couldn't tell her she shouldn't come." I scolded him a bit, but but, and "here I was thinking we were going for a private ride."
He smiled," I'm still rubber legged from this morning, I need time."
I just grinned and laughed, "Ya ya."
"We might as well ask them all," I said as I tried to reach my daughter, no answer, and the teenage late night also said he wanted to stay home....

We got into the new old car, soft seats, sleek body, quiet ride and took to the road. The day was warm and sunny, not hot, just warm enough that you could sit in the car without a jacket and without ac dropping the window here and there for air, and putting it up again to keep a chill from getting in.

"This was like the day we got married," my husband and I both said, and our daughter listened,
really. It was a beautiful day, sunny, warm, but not hot, just the same.
We had planned to go to the Hilltop Steakhouse, but as we drove our conversation changed, "We could go to the cape and visit your Mother," my husband said.
"Are you sure? Aren't you tired?"
"I feel like driving."
"Ok then let's do it."
Our daughter in the back seat leaned up, "What what are we doing?"
We told her, she sat back and moaned,"I'm starving, you've kidnapped me," but then she was relaxed as we listened to the radio occcaisionally singing along with a song or two.

We talked here and there and explored all the features of the new car so fancy, but what a smooth ride. Our daughter interjected here and there and complained if we turned the radio down low so we could chat.
"Geesh, we can't even talk," I complained.
As we got closer to my mothers house I said, "Should I call?"
"No"
"NO make it a surprise"
So we did.


No comments: