Saturday, November 05, 2005

Life, Living, and Running Away

Running Away sometimes is just what I have to do to keep living.... or else all there would be is work...

We ran away to Salem the day before Halloween-- My sister in law, my godson, my two daughters, and my grandson all took the train. It was much easier than driving, then we walked.... all about the town which isnt too large, and has many sights to see even when it isn't close to Hallow's Eve....

There was a bike run which brought in over 7500 motorcycles of various styles, Johnny and I waited and watch for them all to come by. He was so excited, look Grammy over and over again. He was a tired lad that day, so watching the run from stacks of hay, curled up to his Grammy was just what he needed to enjoy the rest of the evening....
In Salem there were haunted houses, and ghost stories, and witches, and warlocks, and scary creatures, like Chuckie, and Jason, but I didnt see a Freddie this year... Oh how I hate Chuckie! and so does my little love Johnny, he turned into me as a large 6 foot Chuckie passed us on the street... There were wizards, and lots of Harry Potter stuff, but I just wore my black clothing and long black coat and an angel's halo. My daughter Di dressed up too, as a Cat with wings, she looked very cute.... Scary that she is only fifteen.. But the rest of the troop dressed down in their everyday clothes, but it didnt make a difference because in Salem there is room for both the costumed and the viewers...

There were one act plays about ghosts, and goblins, and murderers... We went to see a certain one act play .... and in the dark theatre Johnny sat up quickly, and peeped out, "Excuse me, Excuse me Sir" as he was frightened, but we shsshed him quiet and he sat down for the rest of the show. When we were leaving a man came up to me and said, "Gee, he was the best. I've never laughed so hard in my life."

I met a writer and illustrator of a book who self published, and of course my kids were yearning to hear me say I was going to do the same, but I didnt. I just enjoyed meeting Maryanne and her husband and chatting with her for awhile.

My daughters were just wonderful, exploring the inns and outers of the town, not an argument, just joy, and of course a few bikers who are the biggest flirts in the world, added levity to my all too consumming working world. I have so much more to say but of course, I have to go off to work. maybe I'll have some time tomorrow.

No comments: