Sunday, March 20, 2005

My Take on THE GATES ( Take 2)

My Take on THE GATES ( Take 2)

We arrived at the Port Authority at 11 am. Since it was a Sunday before a holiday we decided to see a show, walk through Rockerfeller Center, take a swim at our hotel, and save The Gates for the next day, Monday, the day we would return home. But late that night, as we peered out of our hotel window to the street below, snow was sticking and melting all over Times Square. We took a late walk to get snack.At that time I wondered, should we have gone today? It was snowing so hard, what would tomorrow bring? Wet slushy dripping mucky muddy?

Our motto was, “Whatever is going to happen is just going to happen, so don’t worry about a thing.” And that was just what we did.
As we walked past the Square the flakes were huge and stuck to my lens.




Here’s Dee and Margie

It was dark, and wet, and light, and snowy. But these pictures make me wonder, what is that orange, that red? Is it really bad film, I just bought it the day before we left. I’ll never purchase that again. Another side of me wonders, is that something else? At the very least I find it beautiful.

No comments: